Hair transplantation is a method that moves hair strands from the donor area of the body to the balding area of the body. It is used to treat alopecia areata which is also known as male/female pattern baldness. In this disease hormone testosterone converts into DHT (dihydrotestosterone) and causes to hair loss.
Hair follicles are transplanted in two ways:
- FUT (Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation)
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
FUE is a highly admired technique in which surgeons extract hair follicles from the scalp unlike removing them with the strip.
In this method, a small round specialized punch (1mm diameter) is used to cut and extract hair strands from the patient?s bald areas. These unit grafts are then transplanted into the hairless region of the head.
??Follicular units are removed one by one, in this technique. The process is repeated until all the bald area of the patient?s scalp is covered.
The best thing about this transplant is that it can use hair from anywhere on your body like chest, legs, and back. However, the method takes time (up to seven hours) and more than one session to complete.
The donor scars heal after a week. The method of donor plantation differentiates FUE method from FUT transplant.
People prefer FUE transplant because of the minimum chance it has with wound formation and gives more natural-looking results also, it does not leave a linear scar after the surgery. However, it?s a bit expensive than other transplants.
You are the contestant for FUE surgery if:
- You keep your hair short.
- Have a tight scalp
- If you want to improve your hair line
- Follicular unit extraction is ideal and best for those who are on the early stages of pattern baldness.
Before surgery, you should:
- Before surgery, stay away from smoking and alcohol.
- FUE transplant is lengthy so eat proper and heavy breakfast before.
- Go to the clinic after cleaning your head (don?t use conditioner)
During the first two weeks, you should take special care of yourself and the head.
- Do not leave on a head the bandana for several hours.
- Sleep with your head elevated on two to three pillows to avert swelling.
- Do not bang your head.
- Take the medicines properly
- Don’t wash the operated area first day. During next two weeks, wash your hair very carefully and with a special shampoo.
- Avoid sun rays after the transplant for the 14 days and protect the scalp with hat.
- Don’t smoke or use alcohol for three to five days.
- You can start again your activities or normal routine within two days; though avoid activities that put pressure or stress on your head.
- Visit your doctor or surgeon the very next day after surgery.
- The small scabs in the back side of your head (donor area) disappear after four to seven days; don?t scrap off them by force. They are the signs of healing and if you try to rub them off by force, you would be in a risk and it could harm the hair grafts.
- The small swollen area that develops after the surgery sometimes, do not touch it, it disappears completely within a week.
- The area transplanted appears to be fairly reddish. Don?t panic, this disappears too.
You can find information by searches related to following terms:-
post fue hair transplant care
precautions after hair transplant surgery
hair transplant post op timeline
do and don’ts after hair transplant
hair transplant post op 1 month
after hair transplant hair growth
disadvantages of hair transplant
hair transplant surgery recovery